The primary objective of this position is reviewing, analyzing, evaluating and developing solutions for plant operation control networks. This individual will document requirements, define scope and objectives, and enhance control network systems related to plant automations. PLC and HMI programming and support will be the primary tasks for this individual while also lending support to other automated systems.
As a member of a small team, it is essential that this person have strong technical, analytical and teamwork skills. This individual must be able to work closely with operations team and clearly understand implications changes have on the process flow. This individual must be self-motivated and keep updated on the necessary business and technology skills to be a valuable, contributing member.
This individual would also perform a variety of IT related tasks when required. He will be considered to be one of the main support members for PLC and HMI related issues.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develop, document and maintain PLC & HMI systems.
- Understand, troubleshoot, document & maintain control networks.
- Assist with Instrument Location plans, PLC Panel Layouts, I/O Wiring diagrams, Loop Diagrams.
- Understand the process flow and downstream effects of changes made to systems and identify critical issues with efficiency and experience.
- Provide daily support to the Plant Operators, Supervisors, Quality Control & Engineers as needed to move forward projects, production issues, etc.
- Possess understanding in the areas of PLC/HMI programming, data storage, reporting and system design including the ability to implement change.
- Continually assess production processes and their technical implementations. Document areas of opportunity for potential process improvement and how to better leverage the process or application functionality so respective processes have a defined, articulated roadmap to optimization.
- Provide technical support to all functional areas to optimize and streamline the technology and processes supporting plant automations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Pleasant and professional demeanor to work with end users in a dynamic environment.
- Practical experience implementing systems and developing PLC code.
- Developing & troubleshooting PLC & HMI Systems.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills, analytical abilities, problem solving, and follow through.
- Able to work with minimal supervision keeping management informed with timely project status reports.
- Ability to quickly assess and resolve conflicts and complaints and provide appropriate follow-up.
- Commitment to excellence in service, performance and execution.
- An advanced PC user and proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Strong verbal and written communication as well as presentations skills.
- Must be timely, articulate and well organized.
Education & Experience
- Four year degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering related field.
- Hands on experience on Allen Bradley, Siemens & Mitsubishi is required.
- Total of 3-5 years PLC Programming.
- 3 years developing HMI and SCADA system
- Automotive Industry support experience a plus.